Tuesday 28 February 2012

Benefit cosmetics bargain hunting.

So, after months of being good and not spending too much money I decided to treat myself.

I have always been a huge fan of Benefit- the ingenious product packaging, beautiful and colourful cosmetics... they give off a really personal touch, but also make-up that actually works. I know it's expensive, but you really do get what you pay for!

I have been hearing really amazing things about the new benefit blush- Hervana, and so I decided to get some. Also, having used a friend's Erase Paste this weekend I wanted to indulge in that too.

So, I was ready to pay £45 for my products, when I came across a really good promotion from the US store. Spend $45 and get a free Mr Bright kit (which has small versions of High Beam, Posietint, Girl for Pearl and... wait for it... Erase Paste!!!!) So, I did some investigative cosmetic work!! I make it sound so professional! Basically... I just browsed!

I found that the US products work out to be cheaper ($28 for Hervana, which, when converted to GBP, is £6 cheaper), plus this amazing deal means that I could get another product and get Erase Paste (plus all those other goodies) for FREE!

So, I ended up going for Boi-ing- a concealer that a lot of people have recommended to me.

So, I ended up getting:
  • Hervana, a good karma face powder, full sized product for $28 (£17)
  • Boi-ing, industrial strength concealer, shade- light, full sized product for $19 (£11)
  • Mr Bright Kit: includes Girl meets Pearl, High Beam, Posietint & Erase Paste. Smaller sized products, usually worth $36 (£22) but free with the code LAUGHTER
  • Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow, brightening makeup, oil-free SPF 25, shade- ivory, sample size for free.
  • Stay don't Stray, a stay put primer for concealers & eyeshadows, sample size for free.

The shipping was more expensive (at $18 for international delivery) , and it will take 3 weeks longer to be delivered, but I ended up getting 2 full sized products, 4 smaller products and 2 free samples for only £40 ($65). Pretty good when I was ready to spend more than that on only 2 products! I don't even mind waiting for them to be delivered, as the bargain was just so worth it.

I think it's been a very positive day, and an absolute bargain find! I can't wait to use them and blog about the results!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome, I highly suggest checking out buyapowa.com too. I have bought a few things from there, it's a cobuy website, more people that buy cheaper it gets and the person who refers the most people get's it free! :D

    ReplyDelete